Grants and Scholarships
Australian Cricket Infrastructure Fund
Cricket is investing more into community cricket facility projects than ever before via the Australian Cricket Infrastructure Fund (ACIF).
SACA and Cricket Australia are partnering to provide clubs, associations, schools, councils and cricket facility managers with the opportunity to apply for funding for cricket facility projects.
The ACIF has been further bolstered by the announcement of contribution towards facility development via the Grassroots Cricket Fund. The Grassroots Cricket Fund is a partnership between The Australian Cricketers' Association and Cricket Australia, with funding being contributed by Australian cricketers to support cricket in local communities.
The Australian Cricket Infrastructure Fund for 2021/22 will open in late 2021, with dates to be confirmed.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Who can apply to the ACIF?
Clubs, associations, councils, schools, facility managers or any other organisation with a role as a user or manager of a community cricket facility.
2. How can I apply for funding from the ACIF?
Your relevant state or territory association will announce when they are opening the ACIF for applications. Applications are submitted via an online form. A summary of the application form can be downloaded here to assist in developing your application.
3. What types of projects receive funding from the ACIF?
Projects must be focused on growing cricket participation and/or providing welcoming and inclusive environments for all participants. Typical projects include the construction or refurbishment of pitches, ovals, practice facilities, change rooms, pavilions and supporting infrastructure.
4. Are there projects that the ACIF doesn't support?
The ACIF doesn’t support:
1) projects that have already commenced
2) sporting equipment (eg. stumps, balls)
3) routine maintenance or maintenance equipment
4) temporary facilities
5) projects not focused on community cricket
6) projects that can be covered by insurance
7) previously funded facilities (unless a new facility component)
8) facilities with no/limited public access.
5. What if my project doesn't meet the funding guidelines? Please contact Manager Facilities and Infrastructure, Alicia Clutterham at email@example.com to discuss how we may be able to assist you to develop your project or seek other funding opportunities.
6. How much funding can I apply for? The ACIF has two grant categories relating to the amount of the funding request:
- Community Cricket Infrastructure Grants - Minor: $1,000 - $10,000
- Community Cricket Infrastructure Grants - Major: $10,001 - $30,000
*Applications for more than $30,000 for multi-faceted / regionally significant projects will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
7. When will the ACIF be open for applications? The Australian Cricket Infrastructure Fund for 2021/22 will open in late 2021, with dates to be confirmed.
All projects submitted to the Australian Cricket Infrastructure Fund must be compliant with the Community Cricket Facility Guidelines.