The Absentee List will return to the pre-pandemic criteria this season. SACA Members seeking absentee status will be required to meet the Absentee List criteria in order to put their Membership on hold for the 2022-23 season.
The COVID-19-related “extenuating circumstances” criteria in place for the last two seasons no longer applies.
SACA Big Bash Members cannot apply for the Absentee List. All other eligible SACA Members can apply as per the eligibility criteria outlined below.
You will be absent from South Australia for a full Membership year (1 September 2022 to 31 August 2023) or;
You can demonstrate having extenuating circumstances preventing you from enjoying the benefits of your SACA Membership for the 2022-23 season.
Terms and Conditions:
- Members on the Absentee List will have most of their applicable Membership rights and benefits suspended for the period they remain on the Absentee List, including but
not limited to entry to any Cricket Australia international and domestic matches at Adelaide Oval and Karen Rolton Oval, the right to purchase Transferable Associate Cards
or Reserved Seat Transferable Associate Cards and Daily Guest Passes or to book for SACA Member hospitality and events.
- Any Reserve Seat Member whose name is placed on the Absentee List will forego their reserved seat(s). The Member can reapply for Reserved Seat Membership in future
seasons (subject to availability) however SACA cannot guarantee their assigned reserved seat(s) will still be available.
- Members whose names are placed on the absentee list agree to accept and be bound by SACA’s Constitution and By-Laws (refer to Absentee extract below).
Key Dates and Fees:
- A fee of $95 applies (includes $8.64 GST, which is a taxable supply).
- A late fee of $50 will be charged for Absentee applications received after 31 August 2022 (includes $4.55 GST, which is a taxable supply).
- Members who have not paid their absentee fee by 31 October 2022 will have their Membership cancelled by the Board.
How to Apply:
- Complete an Absentee Application Form (along with your supporting documentation), available here.
SACA Member By-Laws
Click here to download the SACA By-Laws (includes the Prescribed Standards and Members Conduct Terms of Reference)* [PDF]
Includes the Prescribed Standards and Members Conduct Terms of Reference
*SACA’s Membership By-Laws were updated on 18 July 2022. The majority of the changes are to implement new categories of SACA Membership (Adult Reserved Seat Membership, Junior Reserved Seat Membership and SACA Big Bash Membership). Amendments have also been made to Part F of the By-Laws for the 22/23 cricket season, to reflect COVID-19 restrictions and requirements, including a potential balloting arrangement and credit program.