Clubs and Associations
Club Support Program
SACA's Club Support Program is designed to support the governance and compliance requirements of South Australian cricket clubs and associations.
The Club Support Program enables SACA to support clubs to provide a safe, fun and inclusive environment for all participants, ensuring all clubs are meeting minimum Child Safe practices. It also provides coverage for public liability, personal injury and club management liability (incorporated clubs only). SACA Cricket Managers and Club Officers work directly with clubs and associations to ensure they meet the Compliant Club level of the program, this is achieved through theClub and Association Checklistwhich is due for completion on October 31steach year. All cricket clubs must meet the minimum Compliant level to enjoy the benefits associated with affiliation.
Affiliating with SACA has many benefits, including:
- Inclusion in the Child Safe Compliance Statement lodged by SACA
- Access to SACA’s Affiliated Clubs and Associations Affiliate Protection Policy
- Access to Australian Cricket’s Child Safe Framework
- Access to SACA’s Policy for Safeguarding Children and Young People
- Guidance with completing applications for DHS Working with Children Checks (formerly DCSI Clearance) for your volunteers
- Access to Cricket Australia’s National Club Risk Protection Program, which provides insurance coverage for personal accident, public liability and club management liability cover (for incorporated organisations)
- Eligibility to be considered for infrastructure, equipment and other CA and SACA funding
- FreeMyCricket Adminsystem and website
- Free Community (Level 1) Coach Accreditation courses
- Support from SACA staff including guidance from your respective SACA Cricket Manager regarding COVID-19 ‘Return to Train’ and ‘Return to Play’ protocols
- Eligible for volunteer recognition opportunities, including 10, 25 and 50-year service awards for individuals and the Annual Community Cricket Awards
Clubs are encouraged to progress through to the Good Club and Great Club levels where possible. By completing each level, clubs will have access to the associated benefits and receive a certificate of completion for their records.
Questions regarding the Club Support Program can be directed to your SACA Club Officer, or Club and Association Officer Rachel Heywood at email@example.com