Big-hitting batsman Alex Ross and young paceman David Grant also come into a 13-man squad for the round five clash at Cazaly’s Stadium.
Sayers was overlooked by Australian Test selectors for the second Magellan Ashes Test at Adelaide Oval beginning on Saturday.
Cricket Australia has released the dangerous swing bowler to resume Shield duties with his home state.
The 30-year-old replaces Elliot Opie in SA's squad.
Ross, 25, made a half-century in South Australia’s thrilling Futures League victory over ACT/NSW Country and notched another 59 runs for Kensington in Premier League action last weekend.
Young seamer Grant has seven wickets from two Premier League matches this season and chimed in with three scalps in the Redbacks’ last Futures League outing.
Redbacks fast bowler Kane Richardson has been ruled out of the clash with the Bulls with upper back soreness.
The 26-year-old took six wickets in last week’s match against the Tigers.
“Kane reported some soreness after the game against Tasmania and won’t make the trip to Queensland,” SACA General Manager of High Performance Tim Nielsen said.
“He’ll receive treatment this week and we expect a quick recovery.”
Fellow quick Daniel Worrall will miss a second Shield match as he continues his recovery from a thoracic joint injury.
“Daniel had a fitness test on Thursday and came close this week. We’re taking a conservative approach with his recovery,” Nielsen said.
“It’s unfortunate for those two players, but it’s also a great opportunity for some of our other emerging bowlers to take on more responsibility with the ball.”
South Australia will name its final XI at the toss at Cazaly’s Stadium on Sunday.
South Australia’s squad
Travis Head (c), Alex Carey, Tom Cooper, John Dalton, Callum Ferguson, David Grant, Jake Lehmann, Joe Mennie, Alex Ross, Cameron Valente, Jake Weatherald, Adam Zampa, Chadd Sayers