2020-21 SACA Membership
While the impacts of the pandemic continue to be felt across Australia, and the world, we understand that not everyone will be able to join us this summer. With our primary objective being to protect the health and safety of our Members, players and staff during this unprecedented time, SACA remains flexible and is continuously adapting to changes and health directives as they occur. To protect you and your rights as a Member, we have made some changes to the absentee qualification criteria and application process for the 2020-21 season.
- Financial Hardship
- You are located overseas or interstate
- Medical condition/treatment of you or family member
- Carer or close contact of a vulnerable person
- Uncomfortable attending matches due to pandemic health risks
- You are pregnant or have given birth within last 12 months
- Partner is pregnant or has given birth within last 12 months
- Other extenuating circumstances
Terms and Conditions:
- A fee of $80 applies (includes $7.27 GST, which is a taxable supply).
- Members who have not paid their absentee fee by 30 October 2020 will have their Membership cancelled by the Board.
- Members on the absentee list will have certain Membership rights and benefits suspended for the period they remain on the absentee list, including but not limited to entry to any Cricket Australia International and domestic matches at Adelaide Oval, the right to purchase Guest Passes, or to book for SACA Member hospitality at cricket matches or AFL matches at Adelaide Oval.
- Members whose names are placed on the absentee list agree to accept and be bound by SACA’s Constitution and By-Laws (refer to Absentee extract below).
For the 2020-21 season, Members can apply and pay for their absentee renewal online via the button below or by downloading a paper copy of the application form
SACA Member By-Laws
2.6 Absentee list
- If a Member:
- anticipates being absent from the state of South Australia, for a full Membership Year; or
- through extenuating circumstances anticipates being unable to enjoy or require their Membership for a full Membership Year,
- The Board or the Chief Executive may, in its absolute discretion, grant any application referred to in by-law 2.6(a) on such terms and conditions as it thinks fit.
1.7 Absentee list
For the purposes of any application by a Member by-law 2.6(a)(ii) of Part A to have their name placed on the absentee list for the 2020/21 Membership Year, the Board has determined that accepted “extenuating circumstances” will include (but not be limited to) the following grounds:
- a Member is located overseas or interstate (and therefore may be affected by COVID-19 travel restrictions);
- a Member or an immediate family member of a Member has a material medical condition, or is undergoing medical treatment, rendering them vulnerable to COVID-19;
- a Member is living with, or is a close contact or carer of, a person vulnerable to COVID-19;
- a Member is uncomfortable to attend matches due to health risks associated with the COVID-19 pandemic; or
- a Member is experiencing financial hardship.
Members on the absentee list will have certain Membership rights and benefits suspended for the period they remain on the absentee list, including but not limited to entry to any Cricket Australia International and domestic matches at Adelaide Oval, the right to purchase Guest Passes, or to book for SACA Member hospitality at cricket matches or AFL matches at Adelaide Oval.