2021-22 New Junior Membership Offer
Your first season as a SACA Member awaits.
We are excited to welcome you to Adelaide Oval for the 2021-22 summer of cricket on the 150th anniversary of the South Australian Cricket Association.
We know you love cricket, just like we do, and by accepting your Junior SACA Membership you are contributing to the health of South Australian cricket from the grassroots to the international stage.
The information below outlines key Membership details regarding the 2021-22 season:
- Membership Fees
- Disruptions to cricket content
- Transferable Associate Cards
- Members’ Children or Grandchildren Under 10 Years of Age
- Match day access and seating
- 2021-22 Fixture
The 2021-22 SACA Junior Membership fee will be $225.
Membership Payment Dates:
- The Membership payment is due by 11:59pm (ASCT) 1 October 2021. A late fee of $40 will be applied after this date.
- If you are under 15 years of age and choose not to accept your offer of Membership this season by 11:59pm on Sunday, 31 October, you will automatically be added back on the waitlist and re-offered again at the age of 15. If you wish to take up the deferred offer before the age of 15, please contact Member Services in July of the year you wish to take it up.
- If you are 15 years of age or older and choose not to accept your offer of Membership this season by 11:59pm Sunday 31 October, your offer will be cancelled by the SACA Board.
Accepting your Offer
By accepting your offer you will have access to all available SACA Member benefits.
If you choose not to accept your offer of Membership this season, you will automatically be added back on the waitlist and re-offered again at the age of 15. If you wish to take up the deferred offer before the age of 15, please contact Member Services in July of the year you wish to take it up.
- Online: Click here and login using your email address and password. If you do not know your password you can reset it by following the online instructions.
- Telephone: Call Member Services on (08) 8300 3232 between 9am and 5pm ACST Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays). Have your credit card and Membership number handy.
- Mail (Credit Card, Money Order/Cheque): Complete the details on the front of your paper membership form and return to SACA Membership Services, PO Box 545, North Adelaide SA 5006
- In Person: Due to Covid-19 restrictions please reconsider paying in person at the SACA office. If you must visit the SACA office social distancing and hand sanitization will be enforced. Cash payments will not be accepted. If you have no alternate method of payment, please contact Member Services. If you need to pay in person, bring your paper membership form with your payment to Adelaide Oval, Level 2, Riverbank Stand between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays). We accept cheque, money order and EFTPOS.
As you’ll appreciate, we continue to operate in very unpredictable times and while we are optimistic of achieving a full season of cricket, we continue to be subject to potential COVID-19 restrictions or requirements beyond our control.
To this end, a credit program will apply in the event that COVID-19 restrictions or requirements result in International or BBL matches, beyond a specified minimum, being lost or forced to proceed without crowds. It may also apply if venue capacity constraints due to COVID-19 restrictions or requirements materially and adversely impact the ability of SACA Members to access cricket matches across the 2021-22 season (as determined by SACA, at its discretion).
Similar to last year, if activated, the credit program will compensate Members by providing a level of credit towards their 2022-23 SACA Membership fee commensurate with an assigned value attributed to lost or sufficiently disrupted content beyond a specified minimum baseline.
Junior Members will be entitled to maximum compensation of 50% of the original 2021-22 Membership fee ($112.50) in the event that no cricket content can be accessed by Members across the entire 2021-22 season, applied as a credit towards your 2022-23 Membership fee.
The credit program seeks to recognise potential impacts on Members, and provide a level of compensation, in the event that Members’ match access across the 2021-22 season is sufficiently disrupted as set out above, while also recognising that your Membership fee is about more than simply match access.
Given the potential for COVID-19 restrictions or requirements to affect venue capacity and seating, SACA is unlikely to offer Transferable Associate Cards for use by non-Members during the 2021-22 season. Transferable Associate Cards will therefore not be available for purchase as part of this year’s renewal process.
However, we understand that being able to bring a guest to the cricket is an important part of being a SACA Member for many of you.
Recognising this, SACA is hopeful that SACA Members may be offered the opportunity to purchase Guest Passes to the Members’ Area, where venue capacity and COVID-19 restrictions or requirements permit.
At this stage, SACA anticipates that Guest Passes will likely be available for Adelaide Strikers games and men’s and women’s International limited overs matches. SACA is also hopeful that Guest Passes may be offered during the Vodafone Ashes Test Match.
SACA will notify Members via email if Guest Passes are available closer to the commencement of each match.
Given the uncertainty surrounding ongoing COVID-19 impacts and COVID-19 restrictions or requirements, we must remain flexible and prepared to adapt to a range of circumstances for the upcoming season:
- If all patrons are required to sit in allocated reserved seats you will likely be required to ballot for certain match day access (particularly for the Test Match. We expect that Members may ballot for a group of up to eight, so family and friends who are also Members can be grouped together. The ballot process would be similar to that adopted last year.
- If electronic tickets are required to access Adelaide Oval there will be no need for a physical Member Card. You will instead retrieve your ticket electronically for each match day that you are attending (similar to last year).
- At this stage, we are planning for the return of the traditional SACA Members’ Area, including seating in the western stands, level three of the Riverbank Stand and a number of bays on level five of the Riverbank Stand, and the SACA Village Green.
For the 2021-22 season, the Member Handbook will be published electronically so that you can access real-time information as you require it, wherever you are, reflecting the need to remain flexible to potential COVID-19 challenges.
We will continue to predominantly use email to communicate with Members this season. We encourage you to ensure that your email address is kept up to date so that you don’t miss out on critical information, including any changes to access and fixtures.
The SACA website will be regularly updated as we approach the season, including match day information and relevant pandemic related arrangements. You can also find the latest SACA By-Laws here.
Adelaide’s international season is set to begin with the only day-night men’s Ashes Test match, scheduled for Thursday 16 December.
The Big Bash League (WBBL and BBL) will again include the stand-alone women’s competition, followed by seven prime-time men’s minor round matches at Adelaide Oval. In a triumphant return of international women’s cricket to South Australia, Adelaide Oval is due to host a women’s Twenty20 International Ashes clash on Thursday 10 February, followed by a One Day International on Sunday 13 February.
The international season will conclude with a men’s Twenty20 International against Sri Lanka, scheduled for Friday 18 February.
Our domestic fixture features the West End Redbacks in the Marsh Sheffield Shield and the SA Scorpions in the Women’s National Cricket League competition. Click here for the latest fixture information throughout the 2021-22 season.
SACA will notify Members of any changes to this schedule that are required. We ask that you again remain flexible and patient, as you were last summer.