Grants and Scholarships
Australian Cricket Infrastructure Fund
Cricket is investing more into community cricket facility projects than ever before via the Australian Cricket Infrastructure Fund (ACIF).
SACA and Cricket Australia are partnering to provide clubs, associations, schools, councils and cricket facility managers with the opportunity to apply for funding for cricket facility projects.
Applications are open now! Click here to apply.
Applications close at midnight, Monday 12 November, 2018.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Who can apply to the ACIF? Clubs, associations, councils, schools, facility managers or any other organisation with a role as a user or manager of a community cricket facility.
2. How can I apply for funding from the ACIF? Your relevant state or territory association will announce when they are opening the ACIF for applications. Applications are submitted via an online form.
3. What types of projects receive funding from the ACIF? Projects must be focused on growing cricket participation and/or providing welcoming and inclusive environments for all participants. Typical projects include the construction or refurbishment of pitches, ovals, practice facilities, change rooms, pavilions and supporting infrastructure.
4. Are there projects that the ACIF doesn't support? The ACIF doesn’t support 1) projects that have already commenced, 2) sporting equipment (eg. stumps, balls), 3) routine maintenance or maintenance equipment, 4) temporary facilities, 5) projects not focused on community cricket, 6) projects that can be covered by insurance, 7) previously funded facilities (unless a new facility component), and 8) facilities with no/limited public access.
5. What if my project doesn't meet the funding guidelines? Please make contact with your relevant State Infrastructure Manager to discuss how we may be able to assist you to develop your project or seek other funding opportunities.
6. How much funding can I apply for? The ACIF has three categories relating to the amount of the funding request:
- Community Cricket Infrastructure Grants - Minor:$1,000 - $10,000
- Community Cricket Infrastructure Grants - Major:$10,001 - $50,000
Applications for more than $50,000 for multi-faceted / regionally significant projects will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
All projects submitted to the Australian Cricket Infrastructure Fund must be compliant with the Community Cricket Facility Guidelines.