BBL|10 Strikers v Thunder - 24 January 2021
Adelaide Strikers v Sydney Thunder
If you are attending the match please monitor the SA Health website. DO NOT attend if you are unwell or have visited a location listed on the contact tracing page. Patrons are advised to follow SA Health instructions.
Date: Sunday 24 January 2021
Location: Adelaide Oval
Match Start Time: 3:35pm
Gate Opening Time: 2:15pm (note, Bob Quinn North Gate will not be in use for entry)
Ticketek Windows Open: 1:45pm (North Gate, East Gate and Southern Plaza)
|Pre-Sale Groups||Ticket Redemption / Sale Dates
|Strikers Members*||Now Available|
|General Public||Now Available|
Member Access: Membership cards will not be used this season due to the health regulations which stipulates that every person who attends a day’s play must have an allocated seat. Instead Members will need to access the Oval with the electronic Member Entry Ticket issued via Ticketek.
Access for this BBL Match will be available to SACA Members via Ticketek on a 'first in first served' basis from 10am Friday 15 January, including Guest Passes and complimentary access for Member's children and grandchildren under 10 years of age. Further instructions on how to redeem a ticket will be emailed to Members and will be available on the SACA website here.
Members' Area Dress Code: To reduce queuing at cross-over points from a health and safety perspective, and as Members will now be seated across the entire oval, we are unable to provide a dedicated Members' Area or enforce the SACA Members’ Area dress code for the Test Match.
Members Seating: With capacity restrictions still being enforced by SA Health at Adelaide Oval, the SACA Member seating capacity has been reduced. To accommodate as many Members as possible this season, we have negotiated with Cricket Australia to increase the number of bays available to SACA Members by expanding beyond the traditional SACA Members' Area.
Seating for SACA Members will continue to be in the western stand and Level 3 of the Riverbank Stand, with additional bays also available for Members in the Riverbank Stand (Levels 1 and 5), plus the eastern stand. Under a revised directive from SA Health, the seating plan will revert to a checkerboard design, as was used during the Test Match.
The SA Health and Adelaide Oval COVID-19 plan for Adelaide Oval requires every patron to sit in the allocated seat provided via Ticketek. This is a change from the normal practice where Members can move around the stadium and we ask for your understanding and support in sitting in the seat listed on your electronic Member Entry Ticket.
Alcohol-Free Seating in the Members’ Area: Members can elect to redeem a ticket and sit in an Alcohol-Free Bay (bays 314 and 315, western stand), subject to capacity.
Car Parking: Members can pre-book car parking in the northern car park via Wilson Book-A-Bay. Click here for more information on how to book.
SACA Member Guest Passes: Guest Passes will be available for this match from 10am Friday 15 January. Further instructions will be emailed to Members and will be available on the SACA website here.
Access for Members Children and Grandchildren: Complimentary access for Member's children and grandchildren under 10 years of age will be available for this match from 10am Friday 15 January. Further instructions will be emailed to Members and will be available on the SACA website here.
Merchandise: SACA Member merchandise will be available for purchase from the Avenue of Honour (behind the western stand). Payment will be accepted by card only. Click here to view the full merchandise range.
Match Day SMS: To report bad behaviour during cricket matches, text Adelaide Oval security on 0400 TELL US (0400 8355 87). Please provide as much information as possible (i.e. exact location and incident details) so the issue can be addressed as soon as possible.
Public Transport: Adelaide Oval Express Bus, Train and Tram services in operation. Free for ticket holders. More information and timetables available at adelaidemetro.com.au
Conditions of Entry: For the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all patrons, click here to view the Adelaide Oval Conditions of Entry apply to all attendees.
Cricket Etiquette: Please remember to show consideration to others by limiting movement in seating areas during play. It is particularly important to remain seated during an over. Standing or sitting in aisles or on stairways is not permitted due to safety regulations.
Smoke Free Stadium: Smoking, including the use of e-cigarettes, is not permitted at Adelaide Oval. Patrons who smoke in areas of Adelaide Oval will be evicted from the oval.
Food & Beverage Options: Adelaide Oval Kiosks and bars are located throughout the stadium on all levels, so no matter where you’re seated, your nearest food and beverage outlets won’t be far away. Please note that Adelaide Oval food and beverage outlets accept payment by card only.
- War Memorial Drive closed 12.00pm – 7.30pm
- King William Road closed 6.00pm – 7:30pm
- Pennington Terrace closed 6.00pm – 7:30pm
- North Terrace 6:15pm – 7:30pm
Storage / Cloak Room: There will be no storage area/cloak-room available for the holding of suitcases or other property during cricket events.
Giveaways, Entertainment and Prizes: Unfortunately, giveaways and entertainment are limited this season due to COVID-19 restrictions. As a result, we encourage fans to bring along any items they may still have from previous BBL seasons such as headbands, flags, wigs and more. We want to see Adelaide Oval become a sea of Strikers blue! Additionally:
- Look out for the People’s Choice LED activation ‘Dizzy’s on the Money’ during innings break, where Strikers fans have the chance to win $250! Watch Dizzy bowl the ball on the big screen and follow the ball flying around the grounds, seeking out a Strikers fan that’s showcasing the most energy. Terms & Conditions apply.
- Grab a KFC bucket head and your Vodafone 4 and 6 cards so you can celebrate all the big hits at the game.
- The Adelaide Strikers kid’s zones will not be available this year.
- Kids are encouraged to wear their Woolworths Cricket Blast shirt to the game for the chance to WIN an Adelaide Strikers pack, including a Strikers hat and signed Strikers shirt.
Sun Safety: This summer, the Adelaide Strikers are proud to join with Cancer Council SA to encourage all South Australians to be SunSmart and Slip, Slop, Slap, Seek and Slide whenever the UV is 3 and above.
Up to 95 per cent of melanomas and 99 per cent of non-melanoma skin cancers are caused by overexposure to UV radiation.
UV radiation can’t be seen and is not related to air temperature—which means that high levels of UV radiation also occur even on cool or cloudy days.
So, how can you make sure that you protect your skin this summer?
- Download Cancer Council’s SunSmart App and check the UV before you head outside.
- If it’s 3 and above;
- Slip on sun protective clothing that covers as much skin as possible.
- Slop on SPF30 sunscreen and reapply every two hours or sooner if you’re swimming, perspiring or towel drying.
- Slap on a broad brimmed hat that covers your face, neck and ears.
- Seek shade wherever possible
- Slide on close fitting, wraparound sunglasses.
This summer, make sure you follow Cancer Council’s advice and protect your skin whenever the UV is 3 and above. To find out more about being SunSmart visit the Cancer Council SA website here.
Let’s celebrate summer safely together!
Adelaide Oval has collaborated with SA Health and SAPOL to put in place measures to ensure events are as safe as possible.
The Adelaide Strikers and Adelaide Oval have collaborated with SA Health and SAPOL to put in place measures to ensure your Adelaide Strikers games are as safe as possible. To a certain degree, these measures will only work if everyone plays their part in keeping Adelaide Oval COVID-Safe, so we please ask you to:
- STAY HOME if you have any kind of cough, fever, chills or sweats, loss of smell or taste, shortness of breath, sore throat, or a runny nose, or if you have been overseas or to a COVID-19 Hotspot in the last 14 days. If you purchased public tickets or SACA Member Guest Passes, fill out the online Ticketek Refund Request form and a refund will be processed for you.
- It is recommended that patrons wear face masks in crowded areas and queues. Complimentary face masks are available on request from Stadium Concierge.
- Limit the number and size of bags you bring and have any bags ready for inspection as you approach your entry gate. This will make security checks faster and safer.
- Arrive early to help avoid congestion.
- Take note of the allocated entry gate on your ticket and enter/exit through this gate.
- Have your phone with your ticket ready to go when entering the stadium, finding your seat and scanning out of the stadium (no paper pass-outs).
- Be mindful of others when moving in and around the Stadium and maintain appropriate physical distancing at all times.
- Follow signage and directions of Adelaide Strikers or Venue staff, they are there to keep you safe.
- Sit in the reserved seat allocated to you. Please remain seated unless at all times unless buying food & beverage or using the bathrooms.
- Practice good hygiene at all times – keep up the hand washing/use sanitizer and always cough/sneeze into your elbow. Bring your own hand sanitiser.
- Payment for food, beverages and car parking is by card only.
- Note that there are no cloaking facilities
We encourage you to download and use the Government’s COVIDSafe app and make sure it’s up and running before you leave your house. If you develop any cold or flu symptoms after the match PLEASE get tested for COVID-19.
We thank everyone for playing their part in delivering a COVID-safe event!