West End Redbacks captain Travis Head (23) and leg-spinner Adam Zampa (25) have been added to Australia’s 20-man list on the back of their impressive form for Australia in limited overs cricket over the past twelve months.
For the women, speedster Megan Schutt (24) has retained her Shooting Stars contract, while exciting young spinner Amanda-Jade Wellington (19) also joins the national ranks for the first time.
SACA General Manager of High Performance, Tim Nielsen, said the latest round of offers were a great indication that SA cricket was on the right path.
“To have four players offered national contracts reaffirms to us that some of the measures we’re putting in place to produce Australian players are obviously working,” he said.
“Our number one goal has always been to produce national players for Australia as well as win domestic competitions. With the Redbacks making three of the last four domestic finals and the Scorpions winning the WNCL title last year we’re clearly ticking that box, but national representation remains the number one priority of our program.
“It’s a great reward for Travis, Adam, Megan and Amanda and we’re extremely excited to watch their international careers flourish from here.”
Due to ongoing MOU negotiations, state associations will now be able to commence non-binding discussions including their intention to offer to contracts to players.
Formal offers can be made once a new MOU between Cricket Australia and the Australian Cricketers Association is in place, which is scheduled for July 1.
BBL and WBBL contracting also remains on hold until the conclusion of negotiations.
CA male contract offers for 2017-18
CA female contract offers for 2017-18