SACA Member Events require a higher dress standard than what applies to general attendees.
The SACA Members’ Enclosure at Adelaide Oval is a special place. For more than 140 years it has been a social hub during great sporting occasions. Fashions have changed over the years but the idea has remained the same; it’s a place to celebrate the special occasion by dressing appropriately.
SACA Members are encouraged to review the dress standards prior to attending a cricket match or member event. It is the member’s responsibility to ensure that their guests are aware of SACA Member Dress standards.
SACA reserves the right to refuse entry to any member or guest, if it is deemed that they are unsuitably attired.
SACA Members' Enclosure Dress Standards - Cricket Match Days (including cricket match day dining)
When entering the SACA Members' Enclosure on all cricket match days, please ensure you are dressed in accordance with the SACA Members' Enclosure Dress Standards.
Children aged 10 and over must adhere to the Member dress standards.
What is Acceptable
- Up market casual attire is acceptable as a minimum;
- All attire must be in good condition;
- Males only - must wear a collared shirt;
- Trousers, shorts, jeans, dress, skirts;
- Leggings/tights (only acceptable under a dress/skirt)
- Sport shoes are acceptable but must be in a good condition;
- Cricket Australia / Adelaide Strikers fan giveaway headware
What is Not Acceptable
Shirts/ Tops/ Jackets are acceptable except:
- Any clothing with obscene or offensive messages;
- Clothing that is see-through, exposes a midriff, has a low-cut or low-buttoned front, is ripped, frayed or torn is not permitted.
- Males must wear a collared shirt. Note- Jackets and jumpers must have a collared shirt underneath.
- All officially licensed replica players shirts for Adelaide Strikers, Redbacks, Australian team or visiting teams are permitted. Some other official merchandise may not meet the dress standards i.e. males aged over 10 years must wear a collared shirt.
Trousers/ shorts/ jeans are acceptable except:
- Leggings and tights are only permitted under a dress or skirt.
- Sport shorts, beachwear, overalls, boxers, yoga pants or track pants are not permitted.
- Ripped, frayed or torn clothing is not permitted.
Dresses/ skirts are acceptable except;
- Clothing that is see-through, exposes a midriff, has a low-cut or low buttoned front, is ripped, frayed or torn is not permitted,
All footwear is acceptable except;
- Rubber or plastic footwear (including thongs and Crocs) are not permitted;
- Ugg boots and slippers are not permitted;
- Toe shoes are not permitted;
Hats/ headwear are acceptable except;
- Beanies, sombreros or any other hats that block others view;
- Any headware that contains any obscene or offensive messaging.
Click here to view the SACA Members' Enclosure Dress Standards for Cricket Match Days (including cricket match day dining)
There is a higher dress standard required for SACA Members' Events. This includes all SACA Member events that are not on a cricket match day.
The SACA Members' Enclosure dress standard applies, with the following additional standards:
- No shorts
- No sport shoes
- No sandals (Men Only)
- Beanies and hats are only acceptable to wear outside function rooms at member events