Conditions and standards
To ensure the maximum enjoyment, safety and comfort of our Members and their guests, a set of rules and expectations has been developed over time. By respecting them, everyone can make the most of their membership.
Members, associates (the holders of transferable cards) and guests are expected to comply with all dress and behaviour standards. Anyone judged to be in breach of the prescribed standards may be excluded or evicted from the Oval.
- Members must not act in a manner prejudicial to the interests of the South Australian Cricket Association Inc. (SACA) with behaviour that is unbecoming or offensive.
- Members are to be strictly responsible for the proper use of their membership cards at all times. Member cards are strictly non-transferable. Under no circumstances is the Member’s card to be used by any person other than the Member.
- Members must not bring any items into the Adelaide Oval that the SACA has determined are not permitted, as notified via the Member Handbook or other Member publications from time to time.
- Members must comply with Cricket Australia’s Conditions of Entry to the venue (as amended from time to time) and any other conditions of entry notified to Members.
- Members must not smoke or consume alcohol in any area in or around the venue designated by the SACA to be smoke free or alcohol free areas.
- Members must comply with any dress regulations determined by the SACA, as set out in the Member Handbook or in any other member publication.
- Members must comply with:
- any reserved seat sticker policy determined by the SACA and notified in the Member Handbook or in any other Member publication; and
- the conditions set out on the SACA seat reservation stickers.
- When using mobile telephones, members must be discrete and considerate of others and limit their use to the bare minimum whilst seated in stands during play.
- Members are to act with respect to others and not engage in bad language, offensive remarks, intoxication and/or other behaviour deemed by the SACA or any SACA official, at their absolute discretion, to be unacceptable in the circumstances.
- Members must show consideration to others by limiting movement whilst a match or other event is in progress. In particular, members must:
- remain seated until an over at a cricket match has been completed;
- wait until an over at a cricket match is completed before returning to their seat.
- If members wish to listen to a radio or other electronic device, it must be used with an ear piece so as not to be offensive to others or distract players.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
The following items may not be brought into the venue:
- Cans and glass containers (including all bottles that have previously been opened)
- Illicit drugs
- Hard eskies of any size/type (including foam eskies)
- Inflatable items including beach balls
- Balls, including but not limited to tennis, cricket or footballs
- Cricket bats (longer than 30cm in length)
- Weapons, guns and knives (or any other object that could be used as a weapon)
- Signs/banners/clothing or any other items displaying commercial, political, religious or offensive messages or logos
- Signs/banners/clothing or any other item intended for the engagement of ambush marketing
- Professional standard still/video cameras and recording devices
- Shade cover structures
- Flag poles over one metre in length
- Non-SACA-approved cup holders
- Any item which could reasonably be deemed to cause public nuisance or offence to any user of the venue
- Musical instruments are permitted at the discretion of the venue management
Members should remember that while in licensed premises they must comply with the following liquor licensing laws:
- Intoxicated persons are not permitted to enter
- Persons in possession of liquor are not permitted to enter
- Intoxicated persons will be removed from the premises
- It is an offence for minors to purchase and/or consume liquor
- It is an offence to purchase liquor for, or supply liquor to, minors
- Persons supplying liquor to minors will be reported to the police and penalties apply under legislation
Bag searches are conducted on entry and intoxicated members will be refused entry. Members who refuse to comply with the conditions of entry will not be permitted and entry fees will not be refunded.
NOTE: 24-hour closed circuit television surveillance operates throughout the venue.
Members, Transferable Associate cardholders and guests queuing for entry must do so in person. Staff will remove any items left to hold places in the queue.